2 Quebec flank steaks
This cut is lean and muscular and can be tough if not handled appropriately. However, when properly marinated and cooked either rare or medium rare, it is a great meat for all types of occasions. Cook it on the BBQ or in a very hot pan and surprise your friends with your grilling skills.
We work with local farmers in order to offer you pasture-raised Quebec beef. To assure quality, we choose producers who are conscientious about animal well-being, and focus on raising their cattle without hormones or antibiotics. We offer you beef equivalent to grade AAA or higher at all time. For unique flavour, tenderness and quality marbling, we prioritize the Angus breed.
Cooking tip :
Cooking temperature : medium-rare (56ºC)
- Take out and temper the meat about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Generously salt each side.
- Sear the meat over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, turning the steak regularly, until the interior temperature of the meat reaches 54ºC.
- Let the meat rest on a cooling rack and wrap it in aluminum foil to get the extra 2 degrees
- Cut against the grain of the meat (especially for flank steak as it is very fibrous) and serve.