Quebec beef short ribs
The short ribs are a cut of choice for all epicureans and lovers of novelty. Cut from the short plate of beef, short ribs are a hard working muscle and therefore require some work. They benefit from being marinated overnight or cooked at a low temperature so that the meat falls off the bone easily. This majestic piece of meat is an assured crowd-pleaser, braised or grilled!
We work with local farmers in order to offer you pasture-raised Quebec beef. To assure quality, we choose producers who are conscientious about animal well-being, and focus on raising their cattle without hormones or antibiotics. We offer you beef equivalent to grade AAA or higher at all time. For unique flavour, tenderness and quality marbling, we prioritize the Angus breed.
Cooking tip :
Cooking time : minimum 3h at 300ºF
- Take out and temper the meat about 20 minutes before cooking.
- Generously salt each side.
- Sear the meat over medium high heat until lightly browned on each side.
- Place vegetables (carrots, oignon, and garlic) at the bottom of the roaster pan. Place your short ribs on top of the vegetables and cook covered for at least 2,5 hours.
- Remove the lid for the last 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.