2 Berkshire pork shanks
To recreate the nostalgia of the comforting meals that your parents and grandparents used to prepare and to warm the hearts of all your guests, we suggest the pork shank on the bone. Simply braise it to your liking to win the hearts of all those who will have the chance to taste it and be amazed by the rich yet tender texture of this meat.
Berkshire pork is a very different breed of pork than the ones usually found on the market. This breed of pork is above all chosen for its marbled flesh and the higher pH level which makes its meat darker, more flavourful and more tender than the conventional pork such as the Duroc and the Yorkshire.
We choose to work with farmers that raise their pork on free-range pasture, without growth hormones or antibiotics and with as little stress as possible. This breeding practice focused on respect for the animal's well-being allows for optimal meat quality while promoting sustainability.
Cooking tips :
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF.
- Season your shanks.
- In a skillet over high heat, sear each side until golden brown.
- In a roaster pan, place a vegetable garnish, then the meat, and cover with broth
- Cover and book for 2,5 to 3 hours, until the meat is tender and falls off the bone.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving with the sides of your choice.