Organic whole grain-fed chicken (Quebec)
An organic whole chicken is one of the most practical and economic meats you could have in your fridge or freezer. Sold fresh along with our favourite seasonings, this is the choice that will help you prepare one, or even several meals in a few easy steps.
All our organic chickens come from the Bio-Rard farm. Located in Ange-Gardien in the Montérégie region, they specialize in the production of organic stock feed and organic poultry farming. Using natural breeding practices, no antibiotics, no growth agents and no pesticides or herbicides for the feed, they are adamant in their mission to offer a high quality organic product.
Cooking temperature : 74 ºC
- Defrost the chicken the night before in the refrigerator
- Preheat the oven to 375 ºF.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan.
- Cook for about 1h20 for a 1,9 kg chicken or until the temperature inside the thigh rises to 72 ºC.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving it. This will even out the cooking process and prevent the meat from losing its juices when cut.
- Serve and enjoy.