Frozen grain-fed chicken, whole
A whole chicken is one of the most practical and economic meats you could have in your fridge or freezer. Sold fresh along with our favourite seasonings, this is the choice that will help you prepare one, or even several meals in a few easy steps.
Our grain-fed chickens come from la Ferme la rose des vents. This family-run business has been raising livestock since 1945 and now specializes in grain-fed, hormone-free poultry, raised according to strict animal welfare rules. The air-chilling technique increases the flavour of the meat and improves the texture all the while yielding tender results. Many years of farming practice combined with an artisanal approach stand behind the irreproachable quality of this product.
Cooking temperature : 74ºC
- Defrost your chicken in the fridge the day before you plan on cooking it.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Seasen the chicken and place it in a roasting pan.
- Cook for about 1h20 for a 1,9 kg chicken or until the temperature inside the thigh rises to 72 ºC.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving it. This will even out the cooking process and prevent the meat from losing its juices when cut.