28-Day aged tomahawk steak PEI
For the fans of impressive cuts of meat, we propose the Quebec Tomahawk steak, dry-aged for 28 days. With its majestic bone and its exceptional flavour, this piece of meat is virtually a bone-in rib-eye and is a favourite amongst barbecue lovers. Since the meat is protected by its bones and outer layer of fat it is a great candidate for aging. Why do we age the rib steak? Because this process makes the meat more tender and concentrates the flavour, increasing the buttery and nutty tasting notes tenfold.
To help you discover exceptional products, we invite you to explore the unique quality of Prince Edward Island beef. Their first-class reputation did not come by chance. Raised according to very strict specifications that advocate animal welfare, these cattle are raised without added hormones and are antibiotic-free at the time of slaughter. The farmers who raise the Prince Edward Island cattle have been working hard for several generations with the sole aim of offering you a product of extraordinary quality. The "Blue Dot" selection from Prince Edward Island corresponds to the Prime grade, which represents the highest quality and most marbled Canadian beef.
Cooking tip :
Cooking temperature : medium-rare (56ºC)
- Take out and temper the meat about 20 to 30 minutes before cooking.
- Generously salt each side.
- Sear the meat over medium-high heat on each side, until lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, turning the steak regularly, until the interior temperature of the meat reaches 54ºC.
- Place the tomahawk steak on a cooling rack, wrap it in aluminum foil and let it rest for at least 10 minutes to gain the remaining 2 - 3 degrees.
- Cut the steak against the grain and serve.