Quebec rib steak
For the aficionado of large cuts of meat, we propose the Quebec rib steak. The rib steak is one of the most prized cuts for grill connaisseurs. Since the meat is protected by its bones and outer layer of fat it is a great candidate for aging. Why do we age the rib steak ? Because this process makes the meat more tender and concentrates the flavour, increasing the buttery and nutty tasting notes tenfold.
We work with local farmers in order to offer you pasture-raised Quebec beef. To assure quality, we choose producers who are conscientious about animal well-being, and focus on raising their cattle without hormones or antibiotics. We offer you beef equivalent to grade AAA or higher at all time. For unique flavour, tenderness and quality marbling, we prioritize the Angus breed.
Cooking tip :
Cooking temperature : medium-rare (56ºC)
- Take out and temper the meat about 20 to 30 minutes before cooking.
- Generously salt each side.
- Sear the meat over medium-high heat on each side, until lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, turning the steak regularly, until the interior temperature of the meat reaches 54ºC.
- Place the prime rib on a cooling rack, wrap it in aluminum foil and let it rest for at least 10 minutes to gain the remaining 2 - 3 degrees.
- Cut the rib steak against the grain and serve.