The project box
Attention! For those of you who like to grill big, this is THE project. If you want to show off how well you master the art of grilling, nothing beats a rack of prime rib. Cut this half-rack into several steaks or grill it whole and you’ll be sure to impress with this project.
To help you discover exceptional products, we invite you to explore the unique quality of Prince Edward Island beef. Their first-class reputation did not come by chance.
Raised according to very strict specifications that advocate animal welfare, these cattle are raised without added hormones and are antibiotic-free at the time of slaughter. The farmers who raise the Prince Edward Island cattle have been working hard for several generations with the sole aim of offering you a product of extraordinary quality.
Cooking temperature: medium-rare (56ºC)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Take the meat out of the refrigerator and temper it for 20 to 30 minutes before cooking.
- Generously salt each side.
- Sear the whole piece over medium-high heat until each side is browned.
- Place it in the oven and cook until the internal temperature reaches 54ºC.
- Cut the striploin against the grain and serve.
- Place the prime rib on a cooling rack, wrap it in aluminum foil and let it rest for at least 10 minutes to gain the remaining 2 - 3 degrees.
- Cut the rib steak against the grain and serve.