28-days aged striploin PEI
If you eat your steak rare or medium-rare, you'll love this piece. This muscle is not very solicited and is naturally tender, which makes it easy to prepare as it does not require slow-cooking nor marinades. Well marbled and toothsome, striploin is a great cut to impress your friends and family without too much hassle. Thanks to its protective layer of fat, sirloin is great for aging and this particular product is dry-aged for 28 days so you can enjoy the rich and succulent flavour of a well aged steak.
To help you discover exceptional products, we invite you to explore the unique quality of Prince Edward Island beef. Their first-class reputation did not come by chance. Raised according to very strict specifications that advocate animal welfare, these cattle are raised without added hormones and are antibiotic-free at the time of slaughter. The farmers who raise the Prince Edward Island cattle have been working hard for several generations with the sole aim of offering you a product of extraordinary quality. The "Blue Dot" selection from Prince Edward Island corresponds to the Prime grade, which represents the highest quality and most marbled Canadian beef.
Cooking tip :
Cooking temperature : Medium-rare (56ºC)
- Take out and temper the meat about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Generously salt each side.
- Sear the meat over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, turning the steak regularly, until the interior temperature of the meat reaches 54ºC.
- Let the meat rest on a cooling rack and wrap it in aluminum foil to gain the remaining 2 degrees.
- Cut the striploin against the grain and serve.