2 Quebec duck legs
When it's time to impress your guests, a few duck legs and a little bit of magic can do the trick. Excellent confit or braised, our Quebec duck legs will make a succulent meal every time.
Duck legs can be dry and stiff to the tooth when cooked too quickly. However, when cooked at low temperature over several hours, you will enjoy a tender, succulent and delicious meal.
All the ducks that we work with come from La Canardière farm. La Canardière is a family owned business that has been established in Quebec since 1988 and specializes in a traditional method of raising ducks exclusively on whole corn. Their know-how has been shared for several generations and makes La Canardiere’s ducks an exceptional product recognized by dozens of chefs across the country's top restaurants.
Cooking time : 2h30 at 325ºF
- Take the meat out of the refrigerator and let it temper for about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In an ovenproof pan, sear duck legs on each side over medium-high heat until lightly browned and set aside on a plate.
- Brown vegetables (carrots, garlic, onion) in the same pan.
- Moisten with an aromatic broth of your choice.
- Add the duck legs.
- Cook for about 2h30 or until the meat falls off the bone easily.
- Serve and enjoy.