Ribeye PEI (Prime)
For the lovers of succulent and flavourful meat we propose the Prince Edward Island ribeye steak. Although this cut is leaner than the rib steak, it is flavourful and remarkably tender when sliced thick and cooked rare. Excellent roasted, pan-seared, or grilled, the ribeye will allow you to share an effortless yet exquisite meal with your guests.
To help you discover exceptional products, we invite you to explore the unique quality of Prince Edward Island beef. Their first-class reputation did not come by chance. Raised according to very strict specifications that advocate animal welfare, these cattle are raised without added hormones and are antibiotic-free at the time of slaughter. The farmers who raise the Prince Edward Island cattle have been working hard for several generations with the sole aim of offering you a product of extraordinary quality. The "Blue Dot" selection from Prince Edward Island corresponds to the Prime grade, which represents the highest quality and most marbled Canadian beef.
Cooking tip :
Cooking temperature : medium-rare (56ºC)
- Take out and temper the meat about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Generously salt each side.
- Sear the meat over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, turning the steak regularly, until the interior temperature of the meat reaches 54ºC.
- Place the prime rib on a cooling rack, wrap it in aluminum foil and let it rest for at least 10 minutes to gain the remaining 2 degrees.
- Cut the ribeye against the grain and serve.