2 marinated hanger steaks PEI
The hanger steak is pretty exclusive and is not an easy cut to find. This piece with a distinctive taste is highly prized by barbecue lovers. Pick and choose your marinade and reserve it ahead of time to make sure you don’t miss out!
To help you discover exceptional products, we invite you to explore the unique quality of Prince Edward Island beef. Their first-class reputation did not come by chance. Raised according to very strict specifications that advocate animal welfare, these cattle are raised without added hormones and are antibiotic-free at the time of slaughter. The farmers who raise the Prince Edward Island cattle have been working hard for several generations with the sole aim of offering you a product of extraordinary quality. The "Blue Dot" selection from Prince Edward Island corresponds to the Prime grade, which represents the highest quality and most marbled Canadian beef.
Cooking tip :
Cooking temperature : rare (54ºC)
- Take out and temper the meat about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Sear the meat over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes on each side. (If your steak is marinated, make sure you keep an eye on it as the marinade accelerates the coloring process).
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, turning the steak regularly, until the interior temperature of the meat reaches 52ºC.
- Place the hanger steak on a cooling rack, wrap it in aluminum foil and let it rest to gain the remaining 2 degrees.
- Serve, advise your guests to cut the meat against the grain, and enjoy.