Quebec Berkshire pork osso buco
Would you like to relive a warm classic of Milanese cuisine? Our wonderful Berkshire pork osso buco from Quebec will allow you to improvise a master of Italian cuisine. Cook them with passion and warm the hearts of your loved ones around the table.
Berkshire pork is a very different breed of pork than the ones usually found on the market. This breed of pork is above all chosen for its marbled flesh and the higher pH level which makes its meat darker, more flavourful and more tender than the conventional pork such as the Duroc and the Yorkshire.
We choose to work with farmers that raise their pork on free-range pasture, without growth hormones or antibiotics and with as little stress as possible. This breeding practice focused on respect for the animal's well-being allows for optimal meat quality while promoting sustainability.
Cooking time : 2h at 325ºF
- Thaw pork shanks the day before in the refrigerator or in water 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- In a saucepan, sear the pork shanks over medium-high heat on both sides in a drizzle of vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, brown onions and garlic. Deglaze with the white wine.
- Return the pork shanks to the pan and moisten with an aromatic broth of your choice.
- Bake for about 2h covered until the meat is easily detached from the bone.
- Serve and enjoy.