Quebec Berkshire pork loin roast
Stuffed, roasted, sautéed or thinly sliced in your sandwich, pork loin offers you a wide range of possibilities. This fat-free, boneless cut is sure to please in all its forms. Our Berkshire pork loin is lightly marbled, which allows it to remain tender and juicy once it’s cooked.
Berkshire pork is a very different breed of pork than the ones usually found on the market. This breed of pork is above all chosen for its marbled flesh and the higher pH level which makes its meat darker, more flavourful and more tender than the conventional pork such as the Duroc and the Yorkshire.
We choose to work with farmers that raise their pork on free-range pasture, without growth hormones or antibiotics and with as little stress as possible. This breeding practice focused on respect for the animal's well-being allows for optimal meat quality while promoting sustainability.
Cooking temperature : Rosé - 62ºC
- Remove from the refrigerator and let it temper for about 15 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Generously salt each side.
- Sear over medium-high heat on each side until lightly browned.
- Roast in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the loin roast reaches 60º C through.
- Remove the roast from the oven, wrap in aluminium foil and let rest on a cooling rack for about 10 to 15 minutes to gain a few more degrees.
- Serve and enjoy