Beef short ribs PEI
The short ribs are a cut of choice for all epicureans and lovers of novelty. Cut from the short plate of beef, short ribs are a hard working muscle and therefore require some work. They benefit from being marinated overnight or cooked at a low temperature so that the meat falls off the bone easily. This majestic piece of meat is an assured crowd-pleaser, braised or grilled!
To help you discover exceptional products, we invite you to explore the unique quality of Prince Edward Island beef. Their first-class reputation did not come by chance. Raised according to very strict specifications that advocate animal welfare, these cattle are raised without added hormones and are antibiotic-free at the time of slaughter. The farmers who raise the Prince Edward Island cattle have been working hard for several generations with the sole aim of offering you a product of extraordinary quality. The "Blue Dot" selection from Prince Edward Island corresponds to the Prime grade, which represents the highest quality and most marbled Canadian beef.
Cooking tip :
Cooking time : minimum 3h at 300ºF
- Take out and temper the meat about 20 minutes before cooking.
- Generously salt each side.
- Sear the meat over medium high heat until lightly browned on each side.
- Place vegetables (carrots, oignon, and garlic) at the bottom of the roaster pan. Place your short ribs on top of the vegetables and cook covered for at least 2,5 hours.
- Remove the lid for the last 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.