2 Berkshire pork collar steaks
Looking for something different on your plate? We propose our Quebec Berkshire collar steak. Thanks to its unique marbling, this cut has the remarkable tenderness and authentic flavour of the Berkshire pork. Grill it on the BBQ and serve it rosé and you’ll have the whole family begging for more.
Berkshire pork is a very different breed of pork than the ones usually found on the market. This breed of pork is above all chosen for its marbled flesh and the higher pH level which makes its meat darker, more flavourful and more tender than the conventional pork such as the Duroc and the Yorkshire.
We choose to work with farmers that raise their pork on free-range pasture, without growth hormones or antibiotics and with as little stress as possible. This breeding practice focused on respect for the animal's well-being allows for optimal meat quality while promoting sustainability.
Cooking temperature : Rosé (62ºC)
- Remove from the refrigerator and let it temper for about 15 minutes before baking.
- Generously salt each side.
- Sear over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Reduce the intensity to medium and continue cooking, turning the meat regularly, until the interior temperature reaches 60ºC.
- Remove from heat, wrap in aluminium foil and let rest on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes to allow the meat to gain an additional 2 degrees.
- Serve and enjoy.