2 flank steaks PEI
This cut is lean and muscular and can be tough if not handled appropriately. However, when properly marinated and cooked either rare or medium, it is a great meat for all types of occasions. Cook it on the BBQ or in a very hot pan and surprise your friends with your grilling skills.
To help you discover exceptional products, we invite you to explore the unique quality of Prince Edward Island beef. Their first-class reputation did not come by chance. Raised according to very strict specifications that advocate animal welfare, these cattle are raised without added hormones and are antibiotic-free at the time of slaughter. The farmers who raise the Prince Edward Island cattle have been working hard for several generations with the sole aim of offering you a product of extraordinary quality. The "Blue Dot" selection from Prince Edward Island corresponds to the Prime grade, which represents the highest quality and most marbled Canadian beef.
Cooking tip :
Cooking temperature : medium-rare (56ºC)
- Take out and temper the meat about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Generously salt each side.
- Sear the meat over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, turning the steak regularly, until the interior temperature of the meat reaches 54ºC.
- Let the meat rest on a cooling rack and wrap it in aluminum foil to get the extra 2 degrees
- Cut against the grain of the meat (especially for flank steak as it is very fibrous) and serve.