Quebec leg of lamb roast
Here is a piece that will lure your guests straight to the table. Introduced in Quebec several centuries ago, lamb has taken its place at the center of our tables. With its delicate taste and remarkable tenderness, Quebec raised lamb will delight you.
The leg of lamb is located in the back legs of the animal, between the shank and the saddle. This imposing piece is delicious roasted in the oven or on the BBQ. All you have to do is let your creativity and culinary skills take over to impress your taste buds.
Ferme Lochette has been perfecting its lamb production since 2003. Their lambs are raised without the use of antibiotics or hormones and are fed mainly with organically produced feed from their own land. Scrupulous about raising animals with the utmost respect and ensuring their well-being, Ferme Lochette offers you a sustainable product of very high quality.
Cooking temperature : 63ºC
- Take the leg of lamb out of the refrigerator and let it temper for about 20 to 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Sear each side over medium high heat until lightly browned.
- Finish cooking the meat in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the leg of lamb roast reaches 60ºC.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for about 10 minutes to allow the meat to gain the remaining 2-3 degrees.
- Serve and enjoy.