Quebec duck magret
Aged for two weeks for unforgettable melt in your mouth results, our duck magret is the perfect meat to impress your most sophisticated guests.
The magret is the breast of a duck that has been raised for foie-gras. It is distinguished from a traditionally raised duck breast by a very tasty layer of fat and by the tender quality of its meat.
All the ducks that we work with come from La Canardière farm. La Canardière is a family owned business that has been established in Quebec since 1988 and specializes in a traditional method of raising ducks exclusively on whole corn. Their know-how has been shared for several generations and makes La Canardiere’s ducks an exceptional product recognized by dozens of chefs across the country's top restaurants.
Cooking temperature : rare - 54ºC
- Bring your duck up to temperature: take it out of the refrigerator and let it temper for at least 20 minutes before searing it.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Salt the magret.
- In a searing pan over low heat, cook the duck breast skin side down for about 6 minutes until the skin begins to brown.
- Increase the heat and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes on the meat side.
- Place the duck breast in the oven for about 5 minutes or until the core temperature reaches 52ºC.
- Remove and let rest on a cutting board.
- Serve and enjoy.